Home Mobile Press Releases 2013 Man Sentenced in Federal Court for Violent Home Invasion
This is archived material from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) website. It may contain outdated information and links may no longer function.

Man Sentenced in Federal Court for Violent Home Invasion

U.S. Attorney’s Office March 08, 2013
  • Southern District of Alabama (251) 441-5845

MOBILE, AL—Brandon Jarrod Nobles, 26, was sentenced in federal court today for his role in a violent home invasion here during November 2011. Nobles entered a guilty plea to the three charges: (1) conspiracy to use and carry a firearm in connection with a crime of violence and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, (2) the use of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, and (3) kidnapping in July 2012. The indictment alleges that Nobles and his co-defendants, Zerrick Robinson and Miller Griffin, broke into the victims’ residence shouting “FBI” and “Police.” They sought to steal drugs and money from one of the occupants of the residence, and when they did not get what they wanted, they shot one victim and kidnapped the other. The victim who was kidnapped was held for ransom while Nobles and the others used cell phones to make calls to collect money for her release.

The kidnap victim made a statement in court about her ordeal and how the violence of the incident at her residence had adversely affected her minor child. She explained that the child was present when Nobles and the others broke into the home, assaulted her, shot her husband, and took her away at gunpoint. She told the judge that she could not take her child to any event where police were present, like parades and circuses, because the child had been traumatized by the actions of Nobles and his co-defendants that night at her home when they broke in, claiming to be the police.

District Court Judge Kristi Dubose ordered that Nobles serve a total sentence of 22 years’ imprisonment, to be followed by a supervised release term of five years. She also imposed the special mandatory assessment of $300 but no fine.

The case was investigated by the Chickasaw Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Mobile Police Department, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. It was prosecuted in the United States Attorney’s Office by Assistant United States Attorney Gloria Bedwell.

This content has been reproduced from its original source.