Home Dallas Press Releases 2010 East Texas Jury Deliberates for an Hour Before Finding Men Guilty of Money Laundering Following Three-Day Trial...
This is archived material from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) website. It may contain outdated information and links may no longer function.

East Texas Jury Deliberates for an Hour Before Finding Men Guilty of Money Laundering Following Three-Day Trial

U.S. Attorney’s Office February 19, 2010
  • Eastern District of Texas (409) 839-2538

TYLER, TX—U.S. Attorney John M. Bales announced that two East Texas men have been found guilty by a jury of money laundering in the Eastern District of Texas.

TONY HARRIS, 32, of Longview, Texas, and LAKENDRICK MILLER, 26, of Marshall, Texas, were convicted on Feb. 19, of money laundering following a three-day jury trial before U.S. District Judge Leonard Davis.  The jury returned the verdict around 3:00 p.m. after deliberating for about an hour. 

According to information presented in court, from April 2007 to June 2009, Harris and Miller were involved in a drug trafficking scheme which involved money being sent to California where it was used to buy illegal prescription drugs, such as codeine and hydrocodone. The prescription drugs were then smuggled from California to East Texas for distribution. After the illegal prescription drugs were sold in East Texas, the money was sent back to California to purchase more drugs, luxury cars, and other property. During trial, prosecutors presented evidence showing that more than $2 million was laundered through this scheme. A 14-count federal indictment was returned by a grand jury on June 3, 2009, charging Harris, Miller, and five other individuals with conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Harris faces up to 140 years in federal prison and Miller faces up to 60 years in federal prison at sentencing. They also face a forfeiture judgment of $1.5 million each and the forfeiture of luxury vehicles. Sentencing dates have not been set.
The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Longview Police Department and the Longview CODE Unit.  This case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Richard L. Moore and Arnold A. Spencer.

This content has been reproduced from its original source.